I once had a friend joke with me that my fashion style could only be described as "Yamhill County Chic!" This means anything with boots, that would be mud boots, Blunnies, Cowboy Boots, you name it..I've got them all. I hope you enjoy my posts that will share a little about my simple world in Yamhill County Oregon.

Friday, May 14, 2010

The Food Just Kept Coming!

Mother's Day was fantastic for me.  After a relaxing day of garden daydreaming...


Yes ....these are my girls digging in a compost pile!  I LOVE IT!  Notice the gloves?!  Every Mother's Day the the best gift for me is help in planting my vegetable garden.  Everyone was still a little tired after the late night on Saturday.  So we mostly daydreamed about all the work we will get done this week and coming weekend. 

My Winemaker Man and My Sweet Peaches took me to Bistsro Maison for a Mother's Day Lunch/Dinner.  I LOVE Bistro Maison!!!  http://www.bistromaison.com/.

Deborah and Jean Jacques do an amazing job.  Deborah, the always accomodating hosetss, working the front of the restaurant....if you have a dog and need to be seated close to a covered patio where the dog can wait for you to finish your fine French meal - To taking care of your littles ones - craft room upstairs for the children to make a homemade Mother's Day card. 

Apparently there was a bit of a "paint issue" with my youngest in her great card design!  I say "Future Winemaker"...
she loves to taste everything!

Most important...Deborah loves my first born as if she were her own.  Anyone who loves my children that much...definately makes it to my Awesome Person List.   Jean-Jacques produces flawless meals...and makes the very best "French" Fries you have ever tasted!  I believe they are drizzled with Truffle Oil!

Deborah's wine cellar is extensive with special wines not always found on the list...if she likes you...she might bring out something special.  She really knows her French wines/producers and is extremely price sensitive.  The above wines were brought based upon our palate. 
After a brief discussion, The Winemaker Man and myself chose the second one from the left.  A beautiful Premier Cru from Burgundy and I believe the price point was $50-60.  

A beautiful wine!  A little early to drink, but still delicious.  You could tell this has some serious Funky Barnyard in it's future!  Right now earthy and bright.  You know the French Joke....How long does it take a french man to open a bottle of wine...20 years!  How long does it take an American to open a bottle of wine...20 minutes..the time it takes to get the bottle home from the store!

The Food......Salade Weppler Farm Organic Greens, Duck Confit,Dried Mt. Hood Cherries, Toasted Walnuts,Cherry Vinegar & Walnut Oil Vinaigrette.

Pork Loin accompanied with Root Vegetable Confit of Shallots, Radish, Carrots, Leeks; Parsnip Puree

Pan Fried Sturgeon, with an amazing Heavy Cream Mushroom Sauce

Trois Fromage Fondue  Gruyere, Emmenthaler, White Tillamook Cheddar Cheese

Profiteroles Homemade puff pastry stuffed with House-made Grand Marnier Ice Cream

Another Healthy Meal!  I do not confess to eating or not eating any of the above....but I will say
it was ALL delicious!

Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment