I once had a friend joke with me that my fashion style could only be described as "Yamhill County Chic!" This means anything with boots, that would be mud boots, Blunnies, Cowboy Boots, you name it..I've got them all. I hope you enjoy my posts that will share a little about my simple world in Yamhill County Oregon.

Monday, May 10, 2010

Mother Love

This is the beautiful woman that brought me into this world.  This is an old photo, but I love how it captures her beauty and her youthful spirit.  Yes...at the time of this photo she was a mother of two daughters ages 3 and 6. 

She was so brave to bring these two hellions into the world...okay, the one on the right...not so much a hellion, BUT....  The one on the left...you can just see it in her eyes. (this would be me.) 

Funny, when I was a child and young adult I used to expect my Mother to be perfect....until I became a Mother and realized how difficult a job it truly is! Now I realize that she did the very best she could on any given day....just as I do everyday. I pray my children never hold me to the same standard as I held my Mother.
Thank you Mom for the Love and Understanding!



Here is another Mother..."The Mimi"...she is not my Mother, but she sure shows me love like she was, and my how she loves my girls with all of her heart!  We Love The MiMi and are so grateful everyday that she is a part of our lives! 

Here is another Mother that I miss very much.  Mama Nita aka, my grandmother.  She used to treat me like the Princess I always knew I was and I am so grateful for the wonderful memories of her....I can't wait to be The Grandma.

Here are my two Sweet Peaches.  They have yet to hit the "terror on heels stage"...but I brace myself, for I am sure pay back is comin' my way.  I absolutely love being a Mother and am grateful everyday for my two beautiful children.  It never ceases to amaze the wonderful lessons to be learned from our children and I welcome every opportunity!

Happy Mothers Day To You!

1 comment:

  1. Thanks Lisa, for the glowing comments. I can't tell you how I would love to go back to those days and know what I know now, everybody would be so much better off. Also thank you and Scott for bringing the two darling granddaughters into my life. I am so proud of you, I think you are a great mom and I love your commitment to your family. Hey, thanks for the cute picture of me, I almost forgot what I looked like back then, Ha! . Love you much, Mom

    ReplyDelete